PPE – It’s now part of our way of life
On Monday 15th June the government announced that we cannot use public transport without our Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), who would have thought this at the start of 2020.
All of our clients that work with Full Circle Care and Full Circle Catering are providing our Carers, Nurses, Chefs and Kitchen Assistants with all the correct Personal Protective Equipment they need to keep them and the residents safe and well. Our staff are all travelling to the workplace in their day to day clothes and getting changed at the workplace to reduce the chances of transmitting any infection. All our staff members have been tested for Covid-19 offering clients peace of mind.
So here is our guide for staff when applying and removing PPE.
Applying the PPE.
- Perform hand hygiene before putting on Personal Protective Equipment (making sure you use one hand to rub the back of the other hand and clean in between the fingers)
- Put on an apron and tie at waist.
- Put on a facemask. Position upper straps on the crown of your head, lower strap at the back of the neck.
- With both hands, mould the metal strap over the bridge of your nose.
- Put on eye protection.
- Put on gloves.
Removing your used PPE.
- Remove gloves. Grasp the outside of glove with the opposite gloved hand and peel off. Hold the removed glove in the remaining gloved hand. Slide the fingers of the un-gloved hand under the remaining glove at the wrist. Peel the remaining glove off over the first glove and discard.
- Clean hands, we will know about the 20 second song that we sing whilst washing our hands.
- Unfasten or break apron ties at the neck and let the apron fold down on itself. Break ties at waist and fold apron in on itself (do not touch the outside, as this could be contaminated. Discard, some care homes may have designated bin.
- Remove eye protection, use both hands to handle the straps by pulling away from face and discard.
- Clean hands not forgetting ‘Happy Birthday to you’
- Remove facemask, untie or break bottom ties, followed by top ties and remove by only touching the ties. Lean forward slightly and discard.
For more information about your PPE please visit www.legislation.gov.uk
NO PPE IS TO BE USED TWICE SO MAKE SURE YOU DISPOSE OF ONCE USED.
Having spoken to our Carers and Nurse about wearing PPE at first they said that it seemed very alien, scary and worrying. But now they say that it “very much feels like the norm and they appreciate it.”
Full Circe Care are still currently recruiting:
- Carers and Nurses within the Derby and Chesterfield areas
- Nurses to work in a Private Hospital in Nottingham
If you’re looking for a supportive specialist agency then please call 01623 404224 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about joining us.
We offer very flexible working hours, good rate of pay, holiday pay, workplace pension and wages are paid weekly.
Due to the current situation, we will hold all interviews via Zoom.